“It’s not a good time.” This is a common response when it comes to personal & professional development. It’s easy to put it off in favor of urgent tasks. The thing is, there will never be a good time.
Consider this scenario:
You know one of the keys to becoming more effective in your role is developing your ability to influence others. Your peers have recommended a powerful course that helped them organize their thoughts, confidently get their ideas heard, and stand out from the pack, becoming the one others turn to for input. It sounds fantastic and just what you need! You’d love to attend the course, but it’s “not a good time”.
That statement could be very costly. Here are two examples illustrating how.
Michael, a Distributor Specialist, is glad he didn’t continue putting off investing in his development. A couple of weeks after he attended our course on Influence, Michael had a meeting with a customer who placed monthly orders with him. This time, he used the tools he learned to adapt his message more specifically to this customer and to ask questions that got her thinking differently. Michael’s ability to influence more effectively led to an order that was $45,648 more than the standard monthly order for this customer! That would have been a big miss if Michael had decided it wasn’t a good time to develop his influence. Putting attending off just three more months would have cost him $136,944.
Brian was a high potential individual contributor when he attended our course. His goal was to develop the communication skills he needed to get him noticed, promoted, and ultimately lead a team. A month later, Brian had an opportunity for a promotion. He used the preparation methodology he learned in our course to prepare for the interview and organize his thoughts. He used the stress management and delivery skills taught to express himself confidently and clearly during the interview. Brian said he wouldn’t have gotten the promotion had he not attended our Influence development program. Again, it shows that it pays to take the time to invest in yourself.
What opportunities will you miss in the next few months if you decide that this “isn’t a good time” for training?
- Will your team continue to resist change?
- Will you lose out on a promotion?
- Will your request for funding be denied?
Now is the perfect time to prioritize your influence development.
You influence all day in personal and professional interactions. The question is: are you effective? We have several opportunities to help make sure that you are.
- Master the Fundamentals of Influence – This self-paced online course is the perfect starting point for the highly motivated learner who wants to learn & practice the fundamentals of influence on their own. The professional videos, robust workbook, and exercises will make you a master of influence in no time.
- Unleash Your Influence – The Master Class – This comprehensive master class is for those whose success depends on their ability to influence. The videos, webinars, and personal coaching allow you to develop one core influence skill at a time with a small group. By the end, you’ll be able to apply countless effective tools to any situation in which you need to influence.
- Are you looking for a customized solution to help your entire team improve their influence or other leadership skills? – We will come to you (virtually or in-person) and deliver a customized experience where everyone on your team will develop the ability to influence and drive results.
If you’re unsure that which of these courses would be better for your specific needs, schedule a free consultation with Dr. Heather Johnson to discuss the results you need to get and how Influence development can help you get them.
Explore our selection of Online Courses and Webinars
Dr. Heather Johnson is an internationally recognized speaker with extensive experience developing leaders. With a doctorate in Psychology and over 20 years of business experience, she works with leaders to quickly identify individual and team performance obstacles and develops customized solutions that lead to rapid change and lasting results. Heather facilitates public and in-house workshops that deliver personalized, practical, and immediate results. Some of her most requested topics are: Influence, Emotional Intelligence, Team Building, Communication, and Strategic Planning. For more information call contact us here or call 651-210-6021.