June 18 and 25th, 2018
at The Minneapolis Foundation
We are pleased to announce a unique opportunity for motivated high school juniors to attend a 2 day personal development workshop designed specifically to equip them with the skills and tools needed to succeed while planning and achieving their goals.
This development opportunity is fully funded by local business partners, and was developed specifically to address the unique obstacles and roadblocks that are sometimes present for high school students who are in need and trying to prepare for the future.
To provide motivated, high potential, low income high school juniors with tools to chart a course for their future, skillfully navigate their journey, and ultimately achieve their goals.
Benefits to Participants:
- An opportunity to attend the type of professional workshop offered to companies around the country facilitated by a professional development coach and speaker with over 20 years experience in developing people.
- Create a vision for your future.
- Learn a proven process for setting and achieving goals.
- Develop time management skills that will enable you to manage the many demands on your time.
- Learn how to communicate clearly and influence effectively using a personalized assessment to identify your communication style.
- Develop skills for interviewing that can be applied to school or jobs.
- Develop the unshakeable accountabilty required to make your vision a reality.
- An opportunity to meet local business leaders and learn first-hand what they did to succeed.
This is a two-day workshop that will take place June 18 and 25, 2018 at The Minneapolis Foundation downtown Minneapolis. Students will participate in large and small group learning sessions from 8:00AM to 5:00PM each day.
- DAY 1: Creating the vision, setting and achieving goals, utilizing exceptional communication skills, and developing unshakeable accountability.
- DAY 2: Managing time and results-focused influences needed to turn the vision into reality.
This developmental opportunity is developed and facilitated by Dr. Heather Johnson, President of the Klassen Performance Group. Dr. Johnson is a nationally recognized speaker known for engaging, results-focused development that is immediately actionable.
Local business will cover all costs for this opportunity including:
- A communication assessment
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks
Interested juniors will complete and submit an application by May 4, 2018, and be notified by May 11th if they are selected to attend. In addition to the application, each student is required to obtain a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school advisor and provide them a link to upload the letter prior to the due date for consideration.
Student ApplicationTeacher Recommendation